UK servers moved to a improved cloud hosting platform
All our servers in the UK will soon be switched to a new, improved cloud hosting platform, which is designed to eliminate the slow speeds and network downtimes you'd normally face on a standard shared hosting platform.
Here is a short list of the benefits you will take advantage of on the new platform:
- enhanced service stability - we have minimized the servers' vulnerability to hack/DDoS attacks by storing applications, emails and databases on a few machines instead of just one.
- faster servers - we have increased the network bandwidth to 10 Gbps, which means better server connectivity and hence better speeds for your sites.
- faster maintenances - by ensuring spare servers, we have simplified server maintenance procedures and hence minimized frustrating service interruptions and downtimes.
- migration to SSDs - now all user accounts with up to 1 GB of total storage are hosted on SSDs, which are much faster and more durable than the regular HDDs. We are planning to do the same with the rest of the accounts as well.
- web accelerators (Memcached, Varnish, Node.js) - we've added tools that will speed up your websites significantly;
This major system upgrade is aimed at making our service even faster, at improving your website's credibility with the search engines and at enhancing the on-site experience of your visitors.
The Pinguhost Team